Massage is one of the oldest and most powerful healing arts and massage therapy is beneficial for many chronic conditions including low back pain, arthritis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, immunity suppression, infertility, smoking cessation and depression. Massage also helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday life that can lead to disease and illness.
Relax your mind and body….
Relax your mind and body….
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments from a qualified therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being as well as your quality of life.
There are many types of massage therapies and good practitioners use a variety of effective techniques, tailored to the needs to the client. Please use drop-down menus above for information on specific styles and treatments.
- Alleviate lower-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow; the body’s natural defence system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or tired muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Reduce depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Improve circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins; the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
A full-body massage lasts approximately one hour.
A half-hour appointment allows time for a partial massage session, such as neck and shoulders, back or legs and feet.
Massage therapies provided as part of a prescribed treatment by a registered massage therapist are often covered by health insurance when prescribed by a doctor, chiropractor or osteopath. Please check with your own health insurance provider for more information.
Please follow the links above for more detailed information about specific massage treatments. A typical treatment will often combine several techniques.
Treatment prices can be found on my information page.
To make an appointment for a massage or for an initial consultation, please use my contact page.